What Can Funding be Used For?
The information below represents the general rules associated with the use of Sustainable Jersey grant funds. An Application Information Packet is prepared for each new grant cycle that includes information specific to that opportunity.
Large Grant Applications ($10,000 and up)
For example, Millburn, Maplewood and South Orange collaborated on a $10,000 grant, "Take-Out Transitions to Green." It included an educational campaign and two Greener To-Go weekends to help residents reduce plastic and Styrofoam consumption by putting more sustainable take-out packaging into the hands of restaurants. This project is eligible for points as an Innovative Community Project action.
Take-Out Transitions to Green
Warren Township Green Fair
Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- Consultant/contractor service fees
- Staff stipends
- Project supplies
- Training and educational materials
- Promotional items including meeting supplies, incentives or awards (subject to certain limits)
- Facilities/administrative (overhead) costs
- Submitting for reimbursement of a project that has already been completed