Sustainable Jersey's annual Sustainability Summit brings together more than 600 change-makers from across the political, private, and public sectors. This exceptional one-day event spotlights the people and projects that are helping New Jersey realize a more sustainable future.
2022 Sustainability Summit Presentations
The 2022 Sustainability Summit provided a deeper understanding of how to use existing tools and resources from Sustainable Jersey and partner organizations during 13 Sustainability Sessions. New skills and strategies were provided for implementing actions related to the climate crisis, community energy planning, electrifying municipal and school fleets, resiliency planning, identifying the hidden impacts of health, using food “waste” to combat food insecurity, organic gardening, incorporating state climate education standards into classrooms, engaging youth, overcoming racial and social bias, and more. View the full list of session descriptions and speakers here.
The morning plenary presentation, featured the following speakers:
- Gary Sondermeyer, Chairperson, Sustainable Jersey Board of Trustees
- Randall Solomon, Executive Director, Sustainability Institute at TCNJ and Sustainable Jersey
- Katrina Angarone, Associate Commissioner for Science and Policy, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
Sustainability Sessions 1
- Creating a Sustainable Energy Community through Community Energy Planning
- From Food "Waste" to Food Security
- Spotlight NJEDA: Resources to Support Local Economic Development
- Telling Your Municipal Water Story
Sustainability Sessions 2
- All Things Electric Vehicles
- How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Revealing the Hidden Impacts of Health: Managing the Local Actions that Determine Health Outcomes
Sustainability Sessions 3
- Eliminating Bias and Building Equitable Communities (workshop took place during sessions 3 and 4)
- Incorporating Climate Change into the Classroom
- Technical Assistance Spotlight: Expert Hands for Energy Projects
Sustainability Sessions 4
Previous Summit Presentations
Click on the year to view the list of the sessions and download the presentations.