PSE&G Direct Install Program for Government, Non-Profit and Small Business Facilities
Affordable, energy efficiency solutions to help you save energy and lower your costs!
PSE&G’s Direct Install Program has already helped hundreds of city halls, firehouses, community service organizations and non-profits save energy and money by becoming more energy efficient. And now, for the first time in several years, we are offering the Direct Install Program to PSE&G small business customers located in Urban Enterprise Zones
The PSE&G Direct Install Program could help you cut your energy costs by up to 30 percent by offering a FREE on-site energy audit of your facility’s gas- and electric-consuming equipment and helping to pay for a large portion of the installation of recommended energy conservation measures.
How The Program Works
PSE&G makes the investment in energy efficiency upgrades easy for government, non-profit and small business facilities by:
- Performing a FREE on-site energy audit.
- Providing a detailed report explaining the audit results and recommended energy efficient equipment upgrades.
- Creating a proposal, based on the audit, with costs to install the new energy efficient equipment.
- Hiring a PSE&G authorized contractor to perform the work once the cost proposal is approved.
- Covering 100 percent of the upfront costs for the energy efficiency work and participating customers repay only 30 percent of the total, interest free, over 36 months on their PSE&G bill, or in one lump sum payment if they prefer.
Eligible Energy Efficient Equipment Upgrades Can Include:
- Lighting retrofits including sensors and controls
- Refrigeration, motors and HVAC
- Site-specific custom projects
- Customers must be a PSE&G customer of record with a separately metered PSE&G electric and/or gas account.
- Customers must receive natural gas and/or electricity from PSE&G and have peak demands of 200 kW or less to be considered for this program.
- Eligible government and non-profit customer facilities include municipal, local, and state government offices, courtrooms, town halls, police and fire stations, sanitation department buildings, transportation department structures, regional authorities, community centers, and all non-profit facilities that are a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) organization. County or regionally structured bodies, such as regional utility authorities (waste/sewer), also are eligible.
- To be eligible, PSE&G small business customers must be located in an Urban Enterprise Zone (“UEZ”).*
- Customers must have an acceptable PSE&G bill payment record.
- Customers who lease their business are eligible for program participation, but landlord permission is required.
*NOTE: Small businesses located in a UEZ in PSE&G service territory are also eligible to participate. The following 25 municipalities within PSE&G’s service territory contain UEZs: Bayonne, Camden, Carteret, East Orange, Elizabeth, Gloucester City, Guttenberg, Hillside, Irvington, Jersey City, Kearny, Mount Holly, New Brunswick, Newark, North Bergen, Orange, Passaic, Paterson, Pemberton, Perth Amboy, Plainfield, Roselle, Trenton, Union City, and West New York. If your small business is located in one of these municipalities you need to determine if it is located in a UEZ. Please visit the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) website at http://www.nj.gov/njbusiness/financing/uez. Click on the link named “32 designated zones” to access an interactive map and enter your small businesses’ street address.
To schedule your FREE energy audit, or if you have additional questions, contact your PSE&G Program Representative today.
Program Phone Number By Town